Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Sow a Seed of You

Ever heard the saying, « we are made in twos? » How many people actually believe that? How many people believe that you could travel halfway across the world and actually meet someone that looks JUST LIKE YOU?

Personally I find that to be a slap to creativity. I am not saying that it's impossible. However, are we ready to buy the idea that the creator of heaven and earth of whom till today, humanity is still trying to comprehend could be so behind on productivity that he would create two people with the same image and qualities? We are not speaking about mono-zygotic twins here, although many identical twins still have their own differentiating identities either in thoughts or attitude.

Moreover, this does remind me of the day I found out that myself and my cousin have the same names, only reversed. I am Funke Nike Ojo, and she just happens to be Nike Funke Ojo. We look nothing alike but it still bothered me that we have the same names. Unfortunately, I only discovered this after my grandfather who gave us our names had already passed away, may he rest in peace; so I couldn’t pick his mind. May I call it lack of creativity? Fear of originality? Selah.

If you wake up one morning and you step out your door to find your neighbour across the street dressed up JUST like you, traded her car to be just like yours, color her hair to match yours and even sound like you, tell me –will this flatter you or freak you out? (I am curios about your thoughts on this).
What I would like to drive at is the fact that most of us humans that are into the entrepreneurs’ world do our best to be unique. We search for ideas that will make our work different from any other. So to think that there could be someone somewhere that could look like me and possibly act like me is kind of disappointing. I am me.


 (Foto from: www.healthylifestylesliving.com)

Yet with the struggle to be the only marked pea in the pod, there is still a fraction of humanity that doesn’t want to brand their name in the world. They just want to exist and disappear. Why?
Honestly, I have heard many reasons from “I just don’t want to” to “I have nothing to offer,” to “someone is doing what I want to do already.” But really?
Regardless of the excuse, I would like to be the voice that says, “although there is nothing new under the sun, there still is a grand room for improvement of what has been.”

A mind that seeks for uncommon creativity belongs to a body that will never go hungry -tweet that!

I believe that we have been given different backgrounds and cultures because what one person learns whilst growing up could be a solution to another’s problem. So dare to be yourself; sow a seed of you.

I am curious about your response.

Want to read more wake-up-call articles like this? Subscribe on my blog spot FREE
(Funkèojowriter@gmail.com)

2 comments:

  1. Good post. One thing,myself and my cousin is not correct. You should have said I and my cousin. The nominative case is needed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Joanna Wert, I appreciate your correction. I tend to write out my thoughts too quickly and get too excited about my content that I overlook some things. thanks again ;-)

    ReplyDelete