Monday, July 8, 2013

Extract from ch. 1 "My American Dream"

Extracts in awaiting the book "My American Dream" by Funkè Ojo

It was around midnight when Alex decided that the day was still not over, so he called Funkè to meet up with him. They snuck out from each other's separate homes to meet at the park close to Funkè’s place. Alex was staying with some friends and Funkè, with her uncle and his family. The park was just like the one they are in right now, quiet with an attractively warm Arizona weather. In fact pretty much the same, except there were about two other couples in the park “romancing” each other in their own ways at different avenues of the park.
“So what are we doing here me dear” Funkè mischievously asked the man she is so ready to run to court with the next day to sign those marriage papers. Thanks to God she decided to finally and seriously ask the elders in her church if they could join her in prayer to find out if he is the ‘right one’ for her. Plus, she had a long talk with her best friend, Naomi who had known her longer than any of her other friends and thankfully Naomi had a big smile on her face for approval, when she finally met Alex. So, now that her pastor who was also her uncle, had agreed to take part in blessing her marriage, she married Alex in a small but classy way.
If the people close to her had all disagreed, what would she have done? Elope? Nah... that's not like her. She is one young lady that soothes the word, ‘God fearing.’
“I want to do thangs to you, my perfect lollipop,” said Alex, pulling her towards him and placing a juicy kiss on her forehead. Then he worked his way close to her, massaging his full African inherited thick lips on her soft lips. “What will I do without you my lovely beautiful wife to-be?”
“I am sure you can do a lot of things without me honey,” she tried to resume the little game going on but all of a sudden he got more serious than his playful self. He looked her in the eyes with the help of the street light above them, “I would definitely not be the same, my queen.” She playfully pushed him away and let out a giggle, saying, “What am I going to do with you?”
“Oh, I could think of a whole lot of things,” said he, actually looking like he was thinking about a couple of things, “oh yea I got some ideas. You want me start showing you?” said the good-humored Alex that she knows. He is like a dream that you just don't want to wake up from. What with his beautiful big eyes that are saying 'get closer’ or his broad shoulders that he got from training to get a black belt in Tae Kwan Do and on top of that, he is a computer genius! What?! Did she go gold-mine hunting and got lucky digging the spot where the raw diamonds are buried? His ice melting touch sends chills down her spine and warms her up in such a way that if it was zero degrees outside, she would not need a heater when he is around. Too good to be true, right? That is exactly what she said. A good and God fearing man he is; however, she knew that if not for continuous prayers lifted to heaven, the marriage seminars and singles’ seminars she had always attended, she would be less sure of herself-
          “What are you thinking about?”
“Uhn?” she was cut off guard a bit. “You have that look in your eyes like you are deep in thoughts,” said curious Alex. “Oh, I was just thinking about you that's all.”
“I know that’s right; I just wanted to hear it from you. So where were we?”  He was about to start stroking her neck when all of a sudden, he jumped up and let out a loud scream that seemed almost impossible to come from a man’s vocal chords. Deeply alarmed, Funkè also jumped up, wide eyed, “What's wrong???”
“I don't know babe. I think... I think I got bit. What the heck!” he shouted to the sky dancing around, as he grabbed his male piece. “Ahhrg I got bit, I got bit. I need... I need water.” Still not knowing exactly what to do or where to go from there, she dashed for their nearby parked car, grabbed an empty water-bottle, shouting, “Alex, loosen your pants, I gotta see it and you need to wash off…whatever it is!” Not hesitating any further, he obeyed her command, struggling to unbuckle his belt. Funkè dashed towards the dancing sprinklers as she caught from the corner of her eye, Alex, still dancing around and trying so hard to hold back his yells that seemed to have attracted attention from the other couples around. She filled the bottle and sprinted to him, with wet clothes and her hair matted against her face. “Here babe, where is it? Kneel right here and wash it, you'll be fine,” she stroked his back to calm him down a bit, then realizing that he hesitated, “I will look away while you wash.... it,” she stammered, looking away. But she felt Alex's strong hand on her arm, pulling her back to him, “I thought you were going to take a look at it,” came a smile naughtily displayed on his face. Funkè hissed at him, “I can see you feel better,” slapping his forehead gently, she got up and walked away. Finally, he got up with a look of relief on his face. He had been bitten by little red ants right on the tip of his male piece but as Funkè saw him calm, she gave a deep breath of relief herself, as she walked into his outstretched arms, inviting her for a thank you hug. “Now I am convinced that I am going to be okay. Men, babe I saw you ran for that water, not caring if you got wet or sick,” he said in wonder.
“Are you nuts? You scared the crap out of me!” she yelped at him, “actually you should have seen your face when you got the first bite down there,” then she started to laugh at him and chuckling out loud. Alex did not find the memory funny but managed a smile that said, ‘hmps, you think you funny, wait till I get you.’
“You got to know that I do love you Alex. And I know you would have done the same, right?” She questioned, looking up into his confirming eyes. He bent his head, placing another one of those juicy kisses, “yes babe, I’d do a lot of crazy things for you,” and he carried her in his arms.
“I need to get out of these clothes as soon as possible before I catch a cold,” Funkè said with a worried tone that Alex seemed to ignore. Instead, he replied cheerfully, “heck yea, lemme help you take your dress off.”
“You wish,” says Funkè laughing as she playfully slapped his hands off her dress. She ran back into the sprinklers in the dark of the night, shouting behind her, “not till I hear you say ‘I do,’ loud and clear!” to Alex who ran just right behind her.

Please leave your critiques, generous or not :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment